Lianne Bantjes offers specialised therapeutic tutoring for children and adults who want to further develop their English reading & literacy skills.
She believes that a supportive & nurturing environment encourages the development of self-confidence and improves self-esteem, which is the foundation for any learning to take place.
Lianne is offering workshops for Parents on 21 & 28 November, to “Get the low-down on ‘Grade R and the Foundations of Literacy’ at school“
Lianne helps individuals :
- who struggle to read at grade level
- who are failing English as a subject at school
- who understand that success in every school subject, including Mathematics, is affected by the ability to read for meaning
- who may only be able to read mechanically but who cannot yet effectively read for meaning
- who want to cope better with the amount of reading expected of learners when they reach high school
- who are second or third language English speakers and would like to improve their communication skills
- who are foreign nationals and who would like to improve their communication skills in English
What Reading Therapy does:
- Increases the chance of other subject marks improving
- Improves self-confidence
- Develops self-esteem
- Moves the individual from learning to read through to reading to learn
- Reading becomes enjoyable rather than a chore and the person now reads for pleasure
- Schoolwork & homework is completed faster & with greater independence
- Learners experience greater success & are therefore motivated to study further
- Learners cope better in high school and with the demands of tertiary education
Meet your Reading Therapist & English Teacher here.
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”
– Dr. Seuss
To explore working with Lianne in Johannesburg (Randburg & Sandton), contact her for a consultation to discuss how she can meet your needs.