Lianne Bantjes offers specialised therapeutic tutoring for children and adults who want to further develop their English reading & literacy knowledge and skills.
She believes that a supportive & nurturing environment encourages the development of self-confidence and improves self-esteem, which is the foundation for any learning to take place.
Lianne helps individuals :
- who struggle to read at grade level
- who are failing English as a subject at school
- who understand that success in every school subject, including Mathematics, is affected by the ability to read for meaning
- who may only be able to read mechanically but who cannot yet effectively read for meaning
- who want to cope better with the amount of reading expected of learners when they reach high school
- who are second or third language English speakers and would like to improve their communication skills
- who are foreign nationals and who would like to improve their communication skills in English
What Reading Therapy does:
- Increases the chance of other subject marks improving
- Improves self-confidence
- Develops self-esteem
- Moves the individual from learning to read through to reading to learn
- Reading becomes enjoyable rather than a chore and the person now reads for pleasure
- School work & homework is completed faster & with greater independence
- Learners experience greater success & are therefore motivated to study further
- Learners cope better in high school and with the demands of tertiary education
Meet your Reading Therapist here.
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”
– Dr. Seuss
To explore working with Lianne in Johannesburg (Randburg & Sandton), contact her for a consultation to discuss how she can meet your needs.