“Even infants get profound cognitive and behavioral benefits from sharing a vivid story,” says Ms. Gurdon of the Wall Street Journal (18 January 2019).
If you are a parent you simply must read this article I came across in The Wall Street Journal. It is written by Ms. Gurdon who writes the WSJ’s “Children’s Books” column. The magic and power that lie behind the picture book have been expressed so well by her that I cannot help but publish the link here so that you can read the original article.
This is an essay adapted from Ms. Gurdon’s book “The Enchanted Hour: The Miraculous Power of Reading Aloud in the Age of Distraction“. Within 5 minutes of reading the article, I had ordered her book online.
To find out more and to read the full essay, please click the link below:
- What is Literacy? by Lianne Bantjes
- Why you CAN’T skip reading to your child for 20 minutes per day by Lianne Bantjes
- Develop a culture of reading in your home by Lianne Bantjes
- What are the PROS and CONS of reading to your child daily? by Lianne Bantjes
- The Consequences of Illiteracy by Lianne Bantjes
To explore working with Lianne in Randburg / Sandton and other areas in Johannesburg, contact her for a consultation to discuss how she can assist you.